Here lately I have been somewhat upset about our use of credit cards and all our debt....student loans being the biggy!!! So My friend Megan has lit a fire under by BUTT to get rid of it all!!! So for the next several years we will be tight and have a strict monthly Budget!! I am excited about this and yet very scared and hoping we can do it!! Will be praying daily for this!! I will post tips and everything in the process of us doing this Financial Peace University!! If anyone has questions just ask!!! Hope everyone is having a great week. We are slow this week with just work and church. Next week we are going to Dollywood and then the week after that we will be taking a trip to nebraska to see my new niece!! I am s excited to see her and some of my very good friends!!! Anyways thats news for this week! Will have tons more pictures to come!! Love you all and Hope your having a great day!!
OOO if you love food here is an interesting blog for some cool recipes!!
FoodSlut I love how she got the title of her blog!! here is the story :)
WHAT'S WITH THE "FOOD SLUT" TITLE?
Simple. I was initially going to go with "food whore" until Brad pointed out that "whores do it for the money, but sluts do it because they like it". Awesome.
Love Kristen
2 comments:
So excited for you and Justin to do FPU. Matt and I are COMPLETELY DEBT FREE - as in no car payments, no house payment, no credit cards, nothing!!! It's just plain AWESOME!
Hang in there because it will definitely get tough at times. I had to tighten my spending habits soooo much! No manicures/pedicures, only the occasional expensive hair coloring, etc. Plus, I guess my friends wonder why their kids get gifts of $20 or less for their birthdays, but now you know! Whereas I love to give big, extravagant gifts, it just was not an important part of our budget and had to be scaled back. We paid our house off back in November and I tell you what...it was GLORIOUS to send in that final house payment and throw away the ball and chain of a mortgage. Matt's goal was to pay his house off by the time he turned 30. He turned 30 last April and paid it off in November of the same year. He met his lifelong goal! I hope you will be successful and I'm praying for you both!!
Love ya!
Thank You Stephanie that would be awesome to have it all paid off by then!! Gives us 5 yrs!! haha but cut wayyyyy back!!! It is a relief just paying off the little things!!! Hoping and praying we can stick to it!!!
Post a Comment